In Good Company
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 Equality Winston-Salem will host IN GOOD COMPANY from 6-9pm at the Grand Pavilion Ballroom in the Twin City Quarter in downtown Winston-Salem.
This year marks the 12th anniversary of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index (CEI). The Index measures the degree to which corporations across America embrace workplace diversity and demonstrate fair practices for LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) employees.
While HRC has recognized LGBT-friendly corporations at national and state galas, Winston-Salem has never properly acknowledged and celebrated local employees and corporate affiliates for their commendable workplace practices. Local organizations with scores ranging from 80-100 on the Index include Bank of America, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Food Lion, Kilpatrick Townsend, Pepsico, Suntrust, Wells Fargo, and Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice.
IN GOOD COMPANY is an event to honor and celebrate LGBT-friendly employers and their employees. Local LGBT-friendly small businesses, nonprofits and open and affirming faith communities will also be invited to the celebration. All proceeds from IN GOOD COMPANY will benefit North Star LGBT Community Center in Winston-Salem. The Center opened in September 2013 with a mission to enrich the lives of the LGBT community by providing a safe and accepting place for people of all ages and backgrounds. For more information on North Star, please visit northstarlgbtccc.com.
There are many ways your organization can participate:
- Event/table sponsorships for corporations are available at the $500, $1000, $2,500 and $5,000 level (see RESERVE A TABLE tab for details)
- Event/table sponsorships for small businesses/nonprofits are available at the $250, $500, $1250 and $2500 level (see RESERVE A TABLE for details).
- Companies may purchase full or half tables seating a total of eight to ten employees/guests. Individual seats are $100/corporate guest and $50 for small business/nonprofit guest.
- Companies may sponsor tables for nonprofit or local community organizations (including local high school Gay Straight Alliance clubs).
- Encourage LGBT employees and allies to serve as corporate ambassadors for the event.
- Nominate an LGBT employee or ally who has demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion within your organization to be recognized as an IN GOOD COMPANY inaugural award recipient.
We hope you will join us for this important inaugural event celebrating workplace diversity.
Thank you for supporting Equality Winston-Salem, North Star LGBT Community Center, IN GOOD COMPANY and a more inclusive community. Equality Winston-Salem is a temporary fund of The Winston-Salem Foundation. North Star LGBT Community Center is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Organizations/Businesses interested in becoming a sponsor, please download our Sponsorship form and mail to:
PO Box 20482
Winston-Salem, NC 27120-0482
For more information on North Star, please visit www.northstarlgbtcc.com.
For more information about “In Good Company,” please contact Equality Winston-Salem: email@example.com.